Building a community of faculty is a key part of the Mosaic Initiative. The Mosaic Faculty Fellows program has four goals:
Become a Mosaic Faculty Fellow
Prepare faculty members to teach in active learning classrooms by exploring a variety of instructional strategies and technologies.
Build a community
Build a community of faculty members who collaborate to advance their own teaching and to mentor other colleagues exploring and refining their pedagogical approaches.
Promote evidence-based teaching
Promote evidence-based teaching by encouraging instructors to study the impacts of new spaces and instructional approaches on student learning.
Create faculty leaders
Create faculty leaders who work together and with other stakeholders to guide the development of new learning spaces across the university.
In support of their work, Mosaic Faculty Fellows receive:
- A $1,000 stipend paid into a research account for conference travel, research support, and other fellowship-related needs
- Personalized support from Mosaic staff, Classroom Technology Services, IU Learning Spaces, and other units as needed
- Access to colleagues exploring similar instructional approaches and/or research projects
Expand sections below to learn more.
Faculty interested in applying to the program must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time faculty member (tenure or non-tenure track)
- Be able to participate in the entire one-day Mosaic Institute
- Be able to participate in scheduled meetings and associated events throughout the duration of the program
- Be able to teach a face-to-face course during your tenure as a Mosaic Faculty Fellow
Each Mosaic Faculty Fellow will be required to:
Fully participate in the Mosaic Institute, a one-day program focused on exploring active and collaborative learning strategies in an active learning classroom
Meet regularly with other Mosaic Fellows to collaborate/provide feedback on teaching, research projects, and recommendations for classroom design
Assist with the dissemination of best practices for teaching in all IU classrooms
- Engage with the UITS Learning Spaces team to inform the design of Indiana University classrooms