The Mosaic Faculty Fellows program is a key component of the Mosaic Initiative. The program provides an opportunity across two semesters for faculty to explore and reflect upon active learning approaches with other Mosaic Fellows, as well as to contribute to the development of learning spaces across Indiana University.
Become a Mosaic Faculty Fellow
Join the growing number of Mosaic Fellows across Indiana University.
December 202020 application window opens
March 232020 application window closes
In support of their work, Mosaic Faculty Fellows receive:
- A $1,000 stipend paid into a research account for conference travel, research support, and other fellowship-related needs
- Personalized support from Mosaic staff, Classroom Technology Services, IU Learning Spaces, and other units as needed
- Access to colleagues exploring similar instructional approaches and/or research projects
Expand sections below to learn more.
Faculty interested in applying to the program must meet the following requirements:
- Be a full-time faculty member (tenure or non-tenure track)
- Be able to participate in the entire one-day Mosaic Institute
- Be able to participate in scheduled sessions and associated events throughout the duration of the program
- Be able to teach a face-to-face course during your tenure as a Mosaic Faculty Fellow
Each Mosaic Faculty Fellow will be required to:
Fully participate in the Mosaic Institute, a one-day program focused on exploring active and collaborative learning in an active learning classroom
Meet regularly with other Mosaic Fellows to collaborate/provide feedback on teaching, research projects, and recommendations for classroom design
Assist with the dissemination of best practices for teaching in all IU classrooms
- Engage with the UITS Learning Spaces team to inform the design of Indiana University classrooms